Our friends at Yumi’s share this delicious Cauliflower Hommus Slice recipe, perfect for sharing with friends and family at weekend catch ups and served best with fresh, tasty salad greens.
- 500g cauliflower
- 200g sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 rashers bacon, finely chopped (optional)
- 180g grated tasty cheese
- 2 x 200g Yumi’s Traditional Middle Eastern Hommus
- 300g self-raising flour
- 250ml milk
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Salad greens, to serve
- Extra hommus, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan). Line a deep 20x30cm rectangular baking tin with baking paper.
- Place cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl then add sweet potato, onion, bacon, cheese, hommus, flour and milk. Season then stir well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 mins until springy and a skewer inserted comes out clean (depending on your oven you may need to cover the slice with foil if it’s getting a bit too dark).
- Allow to cool to room temperature then serve spread with extra hommus (if using) and salad greens.
For more tasty recipes from Yumi’s, visit their website.